ARTSBERGEN STUDIO SNEAK PEEK
THE NORTHERN NJ COMMUNITY FOUNDATION’S ARTSBERGEN ANNOUNCES A CALL FOR ARTISTS
ArtsBergen Seeks 3 Artists (Visual and Performing) to Share Their Work in "Studio Sneak Peek"
Submission Deadline: FEBRUARY, 26, 2021
ArtsBergen’s is launching Studio Sneak Peek
for its next Connect the Dots networking event on April 21, 2021 at 6:30 – 8 pm. This 90-minute Connect the Dots event will feature 3 artist-at-work pre-recorded videos followed by a live Q and A and networking. ArtsBergen is seeking 3 artists
(visual and performing) to participate in this virtual event that will feature artists in their studios discussing and demonstrating their individual creative process for a recent work, current unfinished project, or for their practice in general. Each “sneak peek” pre-recorded video will be 5-minutes long. The purpose of Connect the Dots: Studio Sneak Peek is to highlight and showcase established and emerging artists in their studios to colleagues, art enthusiasts and the community-at-large.
CONNECT THE DOTS NETWORKING EVENTS
ArtsBergen hosts “Connect the Dots”, an ongoing series of networking events for the arts community and those interested in the arts. Held in different venues throughout Bergen County (and virtually during COVID-19) each event presents a range of exciting activities: exhibitions, speakers, unique, interactive arts experiences (such as art battles, communal song-writing, movie-making), and always a time to network and socialize. Connect the Dots aims to create a safe and open environment where artists and other community sector representatives can spark relationships. This interaction stimulates creative collaboration among artists, arts organizations, municipal governments, businesses, developers, educators, and healthcare leaders. Connect the Dots provides a forum for exploring possibilities for collaborative arts projects that use the arts and culture to add value to residents’ daily experience and to civic and business enterprise. The well-received program also strengthens and connects the arts community through professional development presentations and the sharing of creative ideas, work, resources and talent.
- Eligible artists must live or work in Bergen County, NJ.
- Eligible artists must have the capability, technological know-how, and equipment to pre-record a 5-minute video in their studio or workspace to be presented on Zoom.
- Artists unable to use their regular studio or workspace and are making and creating at home or elsewhere because of COVID-19 are eligible.
- All work shown in the video must be the artist’s original work.
Each selected artist will receive $250.00.
HOW TO APPLY
- Acquaint a new audience with your work and/or creative process.
- Drive traffic to your website to encourage sales and/or connections. (No commission will be taken and all sales taxes will be the artist’s responsibility.)
- Network with other local artists and art enthusiasts.
- Be a part of an initiative to showcase and elevate the local talent in Bergen County, NJ.
NNJCF’s ArtsBergen is collecting submissions of interested applicants. Artists must live or work in Bergen County and be at least 18 years of age to apply. Artists will be selected based on their ability to communicate clearly, present interesting content for video, and artistic quality.
Applicants should complete an online application form and upload a short Demonstration Video and two work samples by 2/26/21. Artists will be notified the week of 3/15/21 if their submission is selected.
Click on the Register & Apply button in the left hand corner and complete the Application Form.
STEP 2: Upload:
- One short Demonstration Video introducing yourself and your work (maximum 25 mb in file size. Mp4, mov, avi files are supported).
- One Work Sample of artwork, clip of scenes, music, dance, etc. (jpeg, jpg, png, gif, mp4, mov, avi file formats are accepted with a maximum size of 25 mb)
- Resume or Bio
Call to Artists Released
Application/Submission of Demonstration Video Deadline
Notification to Selected Artists
Deadline for Completed Studio Sneak Peek Presentation Videos
Week of 4/5/21
ArtsBergen Video Review Consultations
Week of 4/12/21
Artists Make Final Edits
Final Studio Sneak Peek Presentation Videos DUE
Connect the Dots Studio Sneak Peek Event, 6:30-8 pm
REQUIREMENTS FOR SELECTED ARTIISTS
After receiving notification of selection, ArtsBergen will schedule individual consultations with each finalist to discuss content of their Studio Sneak Peek Presentation Video. Each artist will have two weeks to record their video (see requirements below) due 4/2/21 to ArtsBergen for review and approval. Finalists will then have one week to make any needed edits and must submit their final videos on 4/16/21.
Studio Sneak Peek Presentation Videos must:
- Run 5 minutes in duration
- Be in Mp4 format
- Have horizontal orientation
- Have a recommended resolution of 1280 x 720 (720p)
- Be 854 x 480 (480p) minimum, 1920 x 1080 (1080p) maximum
- Not exceed a maximum file size of 1 gigabyte
- Have a 16:9 aspect ratio (for uploading to YouTube)
ArtsBergen will promote Connect the Dots: Studio Sneak Peek through press releases, eblasts to its email list, and posts on social media. To broaden the registrant base, artists are encouraged to promote and share the event on their social media platforms and by inviting their contacts, clients, patrons, friends, family, etc.
USE OF WORK
By applying, artists agree the Northern NJ Community Foundation and its ArtsBergen initiative has the right to display, copy, distribute and use artist’s submission for promotional purposes. Credit will be given whenever possible.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
Through participation, artists agree that the Northern NJ Community Foundation and its ArtsBergen initiative are not to be held liable for injury, loss, or damage.
Any questions please visit www.nnjcf.org
or contact NNJCF’s ArtsBergen at firstname.lastname@example.org
ArtsBergen, an initiative of the Northern NJ Community Foundation, is an arts coalition in Bergen County, NJ. ArtsBergen's mission is to energize and unify artists and arts organizations and connect the Bergen County community to the arts. ArtsBergen also supports and encourages creative placemaking, the practice of integrating of arts and culture into a neighborhood, town, or region to build community and livability and boost local economy. For more information please visit: www.nnjcf.org/artsbergen/